Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Old Kingswoodian News > Merry Christmas from Kingswood!

Merry Christmas from Kingswood!

It's been another busy year with the Old Kingswoodian Association, and we'd like to share our thoughts on 2023, and send our best wishes for the New Year with this newsletter.
Winning entry of the Christmas Card Competition by Year 7, Issie!
Winning entry of the Christmas Card Competition by Year 7, Issie!

As always, the Old Kingswoodian Association has been very busy. This year especially; thanks to the enthusiastic support of Kingswood's 275th anniversary. The team behind the scenes has worked tirelessly all year to bring the most to each event celebrating the history of the school that has provided so much to so many of us, and we hope you have enjoyed the events of this year as much as we have!

Over 2023, the Association has arranged over 30 Alumni and Community events, from receptions to sports days, and we've seen a slew of Old Kingswoodians back at the school. A couple of new events have been added this year, starting with the 275 concert, at which guests saw the wonderful talent displayed by years spanning Year 4 to Year 13, a new (and returning!) Old Girls' Hockey Match, and a revival of the Christmas Come and Sing. It's been great to see so many new and old faces returning to take part in the Kingswood community.  
As always we are waiting with bated breath for our Apex Bath Reception, where recent leavers reconnect with the Kingswood Community only a few months after they've finished, and this year promises a spectacular turnout. Thank you for all your support in making these events as wonderful as they are, and on the topic of events, we need to extend are gratitude to all the work that has gone on in between; Catering, Grounds, and Maintenance work so hard to keep our guests happy and very well-fed, and the site looking beautiful. 

As we draw closer to the end of the year, (and this newsletter) we would like to mention our Development Director: Graham Papenfus. Graham has worked tirelessly for Kingswood during the last seven years, and has been crucial in supporting the community at Kingswood and all our Alumni. Graham has always recognised the importance of the alumni to the spirit of the school, and we have been lucky to work with him during his time at Kingswood. We are losing a wonderful boss and a great friend, and we wish him all the best in his new position at Wellingborough School.

He sends you this message;

Dear Kingswoodians

'Moving on.

'I joined the Kingswood family in 1974 when I attended Kingswood College in South Africa (a sister school) – 50 years ago next month!! The end of 2023, our 275th anniversary year, marks the end of my nearly seven years at Kingswood School in Bath as I move onto my next adventure heading up a new Charitable Foundation at Wellingborough School in Northamptonshire.

A huge thank you to the many, many Old Kingswoodians, Parents (past and present), Staff (past and present), Governors (past and present), Pupils and the wider Methodist Community who I have met locally, nationally and Internationally. The warm welcome I have received wherever I have travelled has been fantastic and very much appreciated.

I look forward to remaining a part of the Kingswood family, now as a former staff member, and meeting up at future events.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas and everything of the best for 2024.

Kind regards

Graham Papenfus.'

That's all from us this year, and we wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year! And as always, keep an eye on the website for our list of events for next year, that will be sent out in early January 2024.

Photo gallery

To view this News Article

Similar stories

Afternoon Tea at the Connaught Hotel, W Cliff Road, Bournemouth More...

Mr John Davies, Deputy Head of KS 2017-2024

Mr John Davies has announced that he will be leaving his role of Deputy Head at Kingswood after seven years, to become H… More...

Most read

Have your say

CONTACT DETAILS

Old Kingswoodian Association
Kingswood School, Lansdown Road
Bath, BA1 1RG

+44(0)1225 734283

Email us

MENU ITEMS

SCHOOL WEBSITE 

www.kingswood.bath.sch.uk

SOCIAL MEDIA