Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > School News > The Kingswood 275 Pathway

The Kingswood 275 Pathway

The Kingswood 275 Pathway – your support marked in stone! 

As this school year draws to a close, I am delighted to share an update on our 275th Campaign and offer you a final opportunity to join us in commemorating this significant milestone in the School’s history.   

Even after 275 years, we are inspired by the words of our founder, John Wesley, who encouraged us to “do all the good we can”.  We see our School community live this ethos every day, but across the last 5 years our 275 Campaign has also been working with pupils, parents, alumni and staff to raise over £2.3million for our key projects. You can read more about what the campaign has achieved here.

Looking to the future, our transformational bursary programme remains a priority. Our aim through this programme is simple: to provide access to the Kingswood experience to young people with the talent but not the financial means to benefit from it.   

When we refer to these bursary awards as being transformational, we are not exaggerating. These awards change lives. Not only for the students who benefit directly, but also for their families, their wider communities and of course, every other student and staff member within the school. This quotation, from a pupil who has benefited from a bursary to join Kingswood, really sums up the impact: 

“My time at Kingswood changed the trajectory of my life and opened so many doors that would never have otherwise been in front of me.  I am eternally grateful to those who enabled me to have the extraordinary privilege of such an exceptional education”.  

We are proud that our means-tested bursary programme offers support to more than 50 pupils each year but we know that there are more young people out there – particularly in the local area – who need our support and who will bring so much to Kingswood. 

Our final campaign ambition is the installation of our 275th anniversary pathway at the front of the school – this pathway will include pavers inscribed with the names of 275 donors (families or individuals) in recognition of their support to the campaign. We would like to invite you to include your family name in the pathway by donating at least £275 to our transformational bursary programme.   

All of these generous donations will be used to support our bursary programme and will be recognised through the creation and installation of a personalised paver, which will form part of a unique and lasting physical commemoration of this important anniversary for Kingswood School.  Donations can be made online here 

I look forward to sharing more of the achievements of our transformational bursary pupils, updates on the enhanced Dixon Sixth Form Centre and the next stage of the cookery school, as well as future projects over the coming months.  If you have any questions about our Transformational Bursaries, or how you can contribute beyond this initiative, please do contact me directly.   

With best wishes 

Mr Andrew Gordon-Brown

Headmaster

Similar stories

2023/2024

The latest School Magazine about life at Kingswood More...

We thought we would share the information we used at school to mark the 80th anniversary of the D-Day Landing More...

The young Blue, Black and White side played until the last minute to steal a win from Northampton Saints U18, with help … More...

House of Frankenstein is an interactive, multi-sensory museum in Bath, owned by current parent Jonathan Willis, and is p… More...

Most read

2023/2024

The latest School Magazine about life at Kingswood More...

Our 2024 magazine for Old Kingswoodians is now available. More...

Have your say

CONTACT DETAILS

Old Kingswoodian Association
Kingswood School, Lansdown Road
Bath, BA1 1RG

+44(0)1225 734283

Email us

MENU ITEMS

SCHOOL WEBSITE 

www.kingswood.bath.sch.uk

SOCIAL MEDIA

This website is powered by